Thursday, March 15, 2012

3/15/12 - Having to Research

Since this is a senior project that my friend and I are working on, we are being somewhat guided by the teachers at my high school, H-B Woodlawn.  The actual working of the project for almost all other seniors begins in May for 3 straight weeks, but since our project will be much more time consuming, we are working on it now.  After submitting our idea of a frisbee computer game, the teachers wanted us to make sure that we will have no technical difficulties later.  So, the first possible difficulty that I have not looked into is how to import objects from blender and how it exactly works.  And, to my delight, it is very easy.  All I have to do, according to the Unity website for it: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/HOWTO-ImportObjectBlender.html, is save blender file in the Unity project file and it will show up.
Finding out that importing the files between the two 3D animation softwares was so easy, I have made a decision that would make my job much easier and more efficient and will be better for the game.  I will make sophisticated individual buildings, houses and trees in blender, import them to Unity and just duplicate/copy-and-paste more of them in Unity.  This way, I can concentrate and creating higher quality objects by just focusing on one.  This should also not slow the game down which I originally feared if I tried to have a setting of sophisticated objects.  I have somewhat scrapped my simple buildings, and am just using them as a launching pad to better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment