Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/28/12 - Successful Buildings

Today, I continued working on what I started last week: a basic high rise building.  In my last post, I expressed how I did not want to make a simple building, but as I researched the making of such structures more and more, I have realized that making multiple sophisticated high rise buildings will be very time consuming and will indeed hurt the overall speed of the game.  It would probably not be an issue if my partner and I used Blender exclusively, but we are planning on using Blender because it is easier to make surroundings, then convert it into Unity.  This is what will slow it down.  So, I made some buildings with rectangular prisms and and small planes that I manipulated into small squares, to make windows.  I made multiple and tried to make it look like Ballston, which is the backdrop of Washington-Lee's field.  I plan on using some more effects, though, to make it better without slowing down the overall project.  Plus, there are other sides of the field including the school itself that I will be working on in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. So where are the screen shots? This is a visual project, dude, it just doesn't work without screen shots! ;-)

    ReplyDelete